My hope, is that you'll be encouraged to pay it forward, living by example, writing Ephesians 4:32 on your heart:
"Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."
Here's a list of the acts we did -- ideas for you to continue! :)
1. Sent thank you notes to soldiers who have served our nation overseas.
2. Purchased $1 lotto cards, attached them to a good luck note & then tucked them into the car handles of random cars in a parking lot.
3. Left a gift card for the person behind me in the drive thru to pay for their meal.
4. Surprised other people with birthday presents who had birthdays on the same day.
5. Purchased new pajamas & slippers for a resident at a nursing home, who's family doesn't visit.
6. Stuck $1 bills into books at our local Christian bookstore.
7 & 8. Donated to a sorority sister's bake sale raiding money for her trip to Haiti --Then delivered the cookies to the workers at the homeless shelter.
9. Left a candy surprise for the next person at the tanning salon.
10. Wrote inspirational quotes on sticky notes & placed them around the community & campus.
11. Taped a bag of unpopped popcorn on the Red box machine to complete a movie night.
12. Donated clothing to Goodwill.
13. Filled vending machines with quarters for the next person to use.
14. Wrote thank you notes and bought flowers for the ladies who work in our cafeteria.
15. Recycled plastic bottles from our residence hall.
16. Sent a note of encouragement to a friend who lives far away.
17. Donated money to a fraternity fundraiser for ALS research in honor of a family friend who passed away due to that disease.
18. Wrote a thank you & left candy for the custodian of our building.
19. Purchased raffle tickets for friends, supporting arthritis research.
20. Called the Homeless shelter to see what items they were in need of-- went to shop & purchase those things & delivered them to the shelter.
21. Showed true forgiveness to someone who had hurt me in the past.
22. Purchased donuts, wrote thank you notes and delivered them to our police station.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."